Walmart Canada will be converting the Warehouse Management System (WMS) at the Regional Distribution Centre. Walmart will be moving from the legacy Warehouse Accounts Receivable System (WARS) to the Global Logistics System (GLS).
- DC 6002 will convert to a new DC number – DC 7102. The physical location and building will remain the same.
- Walmart will convert purchase orders and storage inventory using a phased approach by vendor through the months of June and July 2022.
- Suppliers are to ensure set up of all GLN/DUNS numbers as well as any other internal system set up required to accept EDI orders under all necessary PO types to reflect the new DC number (7102).
- The GLN/DUNS and EDI numbers are in the latter part of this post.
- Failure to set up GLN/DUNS could result in rejected orders in your EDI system. Therefore, it is imperative to complete this exercise as soon as possible to ensure there is no disruption to order cycles. If you require assistance, the contact information for the EDI helpdesk is provided at the end of this document.
How does this conversion affect you?
Walmart Canada will be phasing the conversion to the new WMS (GLS) through the months of June and July by Purchase Order (PO) type, as outlined below:
- PO Creation: The above timelines are Must Arrive By Dates (MABDs) which means that POs will start being created based on your supplier lead-time.
- DC# Change: Suppliers currently fulfilling POs for DC 6002 will change to DC 7102. Your specific transition dates will vary as Walmart is following a “ramp up” approach based on supplier, product type and DC process channel. This means that different suppliers will be transitioning every week within the transition period communicated above.
- Mixed Vendors: For suppliers that fulfill multiple PO types on the same trailer, there will be a period of time where your type 33 PO will be for DC 7102 and your type 20 PO will be for DC 6002. Consolidation of 7102 and 6002 PO’s on the same trailer is allowed, however Walmart requires that you clearly separate and identify which pallets are for 7102, and which pallets are for 6002. Please place placards on each pallet with the respective DC number to identify the destination DC. Failure to perform this step can lead to lost product, delays in receiving and processing and errors on the receiving dock.
- CHEP ID: The CHEP Pallet ID for the Mississauga RDC will remain unchanged during and after the DC# has transitioned. Continue to use ID# 6155010700
- Inbound Compliance: All supplier manual and inbound compliance policies and requirements remain unchanged during transition.
Immediate Next Steps
- Global Location and DUNS numbers: Ensure all DUNS numbers below are set up in order to accept EDI orders under all necessary PO Types to reflect the new DC number.
- Please ensure EDI transactions are active — 810 & 964
- Leverage Global Supplier Management (GSM) to copy the shipping information for DC 6002 to DC 7102
Booking your appointments
The PO appointment booking process will be slightly adjusted during the transitionary period. Please see below for the possible scenarios.
If you are booking a 7102 only load:
The process for booking appointments does not change. You will continue to use the Scheduler system but you will need to book to DC 7102.
If you are booking a mixed load with both 6002 and 7102 on the same truck during transition:
- Prepaid Loads: Please book your 6002 PO first and then your 7102 PO in the same time slot. Booking the same time slot for both of these POs is critical, if the slot is unavailable; contact the appointment desk (information below).
- Prepaid Loads. In the trailer # field in Scheduler/Retail Link, at the time of booking, please enter “Dual” if you are booking for both 6002 and 7102 appointments
- Collect Loads: Please ensure both POs are booked onto the same trailer
On Time Appointments:
During the transition, please ensure to schedule your appointments for single or dual loads at least 2 days prior to MABD/expected delivery date.
Please ensure to share this information with all of your carriers. Appointment desk contact info:
For any further queries, please contact any of the below: